Iran sends revised 14-point proposal to US through Pakistan
Tehran says negotiations remain focused on ending US-Israel imposed war as Pakistan continues mediation efforts amid narrowing diplomatic space
TEHRAN, Iran (MNTV) — Iran has submitted a revised 14-point proposal to the United States through Pakistan as part of ongoing efforts to end what Tehran describes as the illegal U.S.-Israeli war of aggression against the Islamic Republic.
A source close to the Iranian negotiating team told Iran’s Tasnim news agency that Pakistan would deliver Tehran’s latest proposal to Washington.
The source said the revised proposal centers on the subject of negotiations and confidence-building measures expected from the American side.
According to the source, the United States had recently sent a response to Iran’s previous 14-point proposal.
“In line with the recent practice of exchanging messages, Iran has once again submitted its text in 14 points through the Pakistani mediator after making amendments,” the source said.
On April 10, Iran submitted a response to a U.S. proposal aimed at ending the conflict, but President Donald Trump dismissed it as “totally unacceptable.”
Tehran has maintained that the current stage of negotiations is limited to ending the war on Iran and that other issues, including the country’s nuclear program, could be discussed later.
Meanwhile, a Pakistani source told an international news agency that Islamabad had shared a revised Iranian proposal with the United States to end the conflict.
The source warned that Tehran and Washington “don’t have much time” to bridge their differences.
The Pakistani source did not provide details of the revised proposal but said both sides “keep changing their goalposts.”
“We don’t have much time,” the source added.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said that despite Washington’s rejection of Tehran’s earlier peace proposal, Iran had received “a set of corrective points and considerations” through the Pakistani mediator.
“. . . our points of view were presented to the American side in return. Therefore, the process continues through Pakistan,” Baghaei said.
Late on Monday, President Donald Trump said he was planning a major new assault on Iran on Tuesday, but stopped at the urging of the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates who asked him “to hold off on our planned Military attack of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow, in that serious negotiations are now taking place,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social platform.
On April 8, 40 days into the U.S.-Israel war on Iran, a ceasefire mediated by Pakistan between Iran and the United States took effect.
Subsequent negotiations in Islamabad stopped short of an agreement amid what Tehran described as Washington’s maximalist demands and unreasonable positions.
Since then, Iran has demanded that the United States lift what it calls an illegal blockade on Iranian vessels and ports before diplomatic talks can resume.
Tehran has also said that as long as the blockade remains in place, it has no intention of reopening the Strait of Hormuz.